Application and Fee Information
Making an Application to Waihi College
Waihi College International highly recommends using an education agent in your home country to help with school selection and the application process. Partner agents provide excellent levels of service and personal attention in your home country. They can also assist you in your home language and this helps you to make the best possible decision about your international education experience. For more information about Waihi College and the application process please download the relevant forms and then talk with your education agent or contact us.
School Term Dates 2020
Term 1 3rd February to 10th April
Term 2 28th April to 3rd July
Term 3 20th July to 25th September
Term 4 12th October to 4th December (seniors)/ 11th December (juniors)
International Student Fees
The following fee information is for all new applications to Waihi College International for enrolment between January 2021 and December 2021.
|Enrolment Period||Tuition||Homestay Placement Fee||Homestay Per Week||Admin Fee||Refundable Student Account *|
|1 Term (1-2-3) Not available to Students from Germany||$4,500||$300||$260||$300||$1000|
|2 Terms (1/2 - 2/3 - 3/4)||$7,750||$300||$260||$600||$1,500|
|3 Terms (1/2/3)||$11,750||$300||$260||$900||$1,500|
|4 Terms (1/2/3/4)||$15,000||$300||$260||$1,200||$1,500|
|4 Terms (3/4 - 1/2)||$15,000||$300||$260||$1,400||$1,500|
Tuition Fee: includes government levy, ESOL classes, use of course texts and New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
Homestay Fee: When invoicing homestay fees, we will apply the homestay fee for 7 days before the first day of enrolment through to 7 days after the last day of enrolment. Where arrival and departure dates are known, these will be used to invoice.
Homestay Placement Fee: Students who change homestays more than once will incur an additional homestay placement fee of $300 for each subsequent move
Airport Transfers via Shuttle: $100 each way – door to door service Insurance: All International Students are required to have full and comprehensive medical and travel insurance from the date of departure of their domicile country until the date of return to their domicile country. The preferred provider for Waihi College is Unicare and we are happy to purchase a policy on your behalf - Approximately $580 per year.
Should you wish to purchase your own insurance, please ensure that as a minimum, your policy is as comprehensive as the Unicare Policy (which meets current code requirements) Please note we will require an English translation.
Student Account *
This payment is deposited into a school account and can be used for the following:
- Airport Shuttle
- Outdoor education – Approximately $150 per term, however costs vary depending on the term
- IELTS Preparation Class - $350 per term
- IELTS Examination fee, if appropriate - Approximately $385
- School uniform – Approximately $350
- Elective course consumables – Approximately $150
- Student stationary costs – Approximately $100
- Visa Renewal - $300
- Sports Team fees
- School field trips and excursions
- Student ID card
- Any other school related expenses that arise during enrolment
- Any shortfall in homestay
- A summary of spending can provided at any time and `top ups’ are possible. Any unused money will be refunded to the student at the end of enrolment.
Students can purchase items of school uniform during orientation days, except footwear. Plain flat black shoes/sandals to be purchased in home country. No colour other than black should be visible.
Trips and Activities organised by Waihi College for International Students (paid for from personal funds)
- Surf lessons after school (Waihi Beach Surf School)
- South Island tours (registered tour providers – international students from all over NZ)
- North Island weekend tours (registered tours providers – exclusive to Waihi College International students)
- North Island weekend trips and activities (with Waihi College Staff – exclusive to Waihi College International students)